Friday, October 31, 2008

God is our Jehovah Jireh

Even in this time of global crisis, where everyone is worried and concerned about our tomorrow, I can boldly declare that God is real and is still our Jehovah Jireh.

I was reminded about my trip to Miri from 9 - 14 October. My wife started to look for cheap airfare in early September and invited me to join her for the trip but I was reluctant and told her to go alone, as I hope to save my share for better use later. Together with my daughter, they booked two seats by AirAsia for herself and me. I was not very happy as I have to spend extra expenses and needed to trouble my colleague to assist my office work. A few days before departing, a close friend invited us out for supper and gave us some love offerings and told us to use it to enjoy ourselves. I was very embarassed and touched.
Firstly, embarassed because God used a close friend to bless us and reminded me that He knows my worry (financial concern). Secondly, God have not forgotten about my needs and He is very much alive and I need to put my trust in Him in all things just as Proverbs 3 : 5 said Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
Truly God is my Jehovah Jireh, my Provider, as we learn to put out trust in Him, He will meet all our needs as Philippians 4 : 19 said And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Matthew 7 : 25

No comments: