Thursday, February 4, 2010

Job's Principle

Job 2:10 He replied, "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.
The life of Job's is a constant communion with God. Even after God allow Satan to take away his material things [Job 1:13-17], his loved ones [Job 1:18-19], and his health [Job 2:7] he still worship God [Job 1:20] and praised Him. Job 1:21 "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised." The tragedies reduces him economically, physically and emotionally but Job still fear the Lord and has faith in God. [Job 5:8 & Job 13:15]

Satan argues that divine blessing elicit human obedience while Job's friend contend that obedience earns God's blessing and disobedience merits punishment. However, Job teaches that some suffers are saints, that God is always worthy of the love and worship of His creation, whether or not He bestows blessing upon them, and that God always has a purpose in permitting suffering, though one may never fully comprehend it.

The principle is not "Why do the righteous suffer if God is loving and all-powerful? Suffering itself is not the central theme; rather the focus is on what ones learns from his suffering - the sovereignty of God over all creation.

Philippians 4 : 10-13 I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

No comments: