Saturday, April 2, 2011

F.A.I.T.H.

When affliction strikes us, how do we react? Are we embittered, or do we trustfully appropriate God's sustaining grace? 2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
I was reminded of this verse when a young believer and his family encountered trials and challenges in their walk with the Lord. I was wondering how I might lift their spirit and encourage them to cling to God's promise of Romans 8:28. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Faith in Christ is not about safety and caution But about believing Jesus and trusting Him no matter what. It's about taking up a daily cross [Luke 9:23] and living for the Saviour. - Dave Branon

No comments: