Sunday, December 12, 2021

To Worship God

Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the Lord has comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted. ISAIAH 49:13

To worthily worship God as He desires to be worshiped, I must have absolute confidence in Him.  I cannot sit down with any person and enjoy fellowship if I have reason to fear he is out to get me or trick me or deceive me or cheat me.  My fellowship with Him must be based upon respect and confidence.  I have to trust him before I can have fellowship with him; and so when I go to God, I have to raise my affections and confidence to God.  In the presence of God, I must come without doubt and nervousness, without worry and fear that God will cheat me, deceive me or let me break down or do something wrong.  I need to be so convinced about God to the point that I can go into the presence of God in absolute confidence and say, “Let God be true and every man a liar.”

“With confidence I now draw nigh,
With confidence I now draw nigh,
And, “Father, Abba, Father,” cry.
CHARLES WESLEY (1707–1788)

[From My Daily Pursuit: Devotions for Every Day By A. W. Tozer]

No comments: