Thursday, June 18, 2009

DADDY, YOU ARE MY HERO

Father, You're The Best, My Delight
Father, You're Sweet
Sweeter Than Honey On The Rocks
Father, You're The Light In The Night
Father, You're My Strength, And My Forever Friend

Abba Father, You're My Hero
You're There When I Need You
You Sent The Greatest Gift Of Love
Into My Life

Father, You're The Best, And You're Mine
Father, You're So Sweet
Sweeter Than Anyone I've Met
Daddy, You're The Song In The Night
Father, You're My Strength, And My Forever Friend

Daddy, Daddy, You're My Hero
You're There, When I Need You
You're The Greatest Gift
I've Received In My Life
[a song written & sung by Pas. KB Chan]

Fathers play a vital role in the family. They are often viewed as the cornerstone of the family. They are not only the breadwinner but also the nurturer who has significant influence on his children's growth and development. A hands-on father is also a productive worker who sets a positive example for his family.

It is found that parents with high self-esteem tend to show more love and acceptance of their children. When children are encouraged rather than criticised or punished, they will be more successful in their learning.
Dr Thomas Lickona in his book, Raising Good Children, pointed out that it is important for a child to develop a sense of identity within his family. He said that teenagers continue to need adults in their lives and the family plays an important role in keeping them morally rooted and knowing who they are.

Fathers are often viewed as the cornerstone of the family. So to all fathers out there : You are essential to your child's life. You are the beacon that guides them as they journey on.
[Partly extracted from 'Childwise' StarTwo dated 17 June 2009]

HAPPY FATHER 'S DAY !

Ephesians 6 : 4 - Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

No comments: