Sunday, January 1, 2012

Our time on earth is limited

Time and tide wait for no man.

The relentless ticking of the clock reminds us that our time on earth is limited. Despite the joys and pains of life, time always marches on. For the believer, our time on earth is an opportunity for gaining wisdom.
"
Let's ask God to "teach us to number our days" (Psalms 90:12) so that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

One way of numbering our days and make good use of our spare moments is to ask :-
How can I become more Christ-like?
Am I reading the Word of God regularly?
Am I devoting time to prayer?
Am I meeting together with other believers?
Am I sharing the gospel with other pre believers?

The psalmist wrote : "LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is: that I may know how frail I am. Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Selah.Surely every man walketh in a vain shew: surely they are disquieted in vain: he heapeth up riches, and knoweth not who shall gather them. And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee."
(Psalm 39:4-7 KJV)

Don't spend your time - invest it.

No comments: