Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Right Kind of FAITH

My faith is not in my ability to control my own destiny.
My faith is not in my good name and good living.
My faith is not in my church or its ceremonies.
My faith is not in my ability to improve myself.
My faith is not in my ability to push all negative thoughts out of my life.
My faith is not in my own sincerity.
My faith is not in my power to tap some inner, godlike resources.
My faith is in Jesus Christ.

[This excerpt is taken from Do I Have The Right Kind Of Faith? 2001 RBC Ministries.
Read it online at www.discoveryseries.org/q0603]

D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones, former pastor of London's Westminster Chapel said: "Faith is holding on to the faithfulness of God and, as long as you do that, you cannot go wrong. Faith does not look at the difficulties..... Faith does not look at itself or at the person who is exercising it. Faith look at God..... Faith is interested in God only, and it talks about God and it praises God and it extols the virtues of God.

No comments: